Concept of devices not supporting themes, custom ringtones and tweaks started the jailbreak revolution. So with absinthe and other jailbreak tools you could easily take control of you iPhone, iPod or iPad. But this was not it, because in order to distribute the packages you would need a 3rd party distribution platform, so those cydia appeared. With cydia you could even manage your installed packages. First the only way you could get it was by a jailbreak tool, but now you can easily download cydia, there is even a deb version. Cydia is now housing a wide variety of packages from paid to free ones. But today the only thing that we are going to cover is tweaks. Even though they are free it’s hard to test them all and find the right one that suits you. This way I’m going to present my top 10 list of cydia tweaks.
- My first tweak is one that copies the function of you uninstall apps from App Store, it’s called Cydelete beside the way of uninstalling apps from Manage section in Cydia you can long press an icon of an app installed from Cydia and wait for it to toggle then press the X button.
- Activator is good if you want to make a quick action using gestures. So if you want to launch an app using gestures, use activator. Toggle Wi-Fi, activator. I think you’ve got my idea.
- Auxo is a tweak that will update App Switcher. It brings thumbnail view of the screen in App Switcher, adds a wide variety of toggles that you can easily scroll between them, new music controls
- There is a similar gesture for this on iPad but on iPhone it’s missing. So in order to have a function that switches between apps by swiping from left to right or right to left Zephyr is the one you need.
- If you did not like the concept if Auxo I suggest SBSettings. This tweak will bring a small popup window with the most important toggles and information for your iDevice.
- We all have problems when it comes using FaceTime over 3G/4G or watching a video from internet in low quality. Well with My3G you can remove this nasty rule.
- Quasar is that thing that every iDevice lacks. Open apps in different windows. It’s pretty much like the desktop experience where you can do anything with the window of each running application.
- Early in this post we have mentioned themes, well Winterboard is a tweak that will help you change the looks of you user interface. Cydia is loaded with ready-made themes for WInterboard.
- MultiIconMover is that tweak that will help you move multiple icons.
- Safari download manager helps you download multiple files simultaneously also it can manage all your downloaded files.
In order to get some tweaks you will need to install the repo from where is it.
Drop a Like, Plus or Tweet if you've found this helpful...