Last year we have seen the launch of the new iPhone and was a welcomed event. But as the days turned to weeks, weeks into months the jailbreak community grew impatient. But by the end of last year all changed when an untethered jailbreak for iOS 7 was launched, those taking by surprise the entire community, including Jay Freeman aka Saurik.
The current jailbreak version of iOS 7 supports all iOS 7 versions except iOS 7.0.5. On the internet you can find both jailbreak versions tethered and untethered versions. But since the tethered version needs a connection between your iDevice and computer every time you boot your device I will recommend you should try the untethered version and this is why I’ve chosen to present you the untethered version.
1. If you have some important things on your device I suggest you should backup your iDevice.
2. Now head over to evasi0n.com and download the jailbreaking tool appropriate to your operating system.
3. Run the evasi0n 7 tool that you have downloaded.
4. Before we continue, if you have a Passcode Lock on your device now is the time to disable it. You can do this by opening Settings app and in General section and turn Passcode Lock off. If you have an iPhone 5s turn of Touch ID & Passcode. Now connect your device to your computer.
5. Now on your computer in evasi0n 7 click on the Jailbreak button and wait for evasion to do its work. This will reboot and install a temporarily jailbreak tool on your device.
6. When the time comes you will be prompted to open evasi0n 7 on your device those continuing the jailbreak procedure. During this time and after the procedure on the computer finishes the device will reboot a couple of times.
If you followed by the book these instructions right about now you should have a jailbroken device.
Thank you for reading until the end of the article!
Fill in this form to see if we can jailbreak your iDevice for you.
Drop a Like, Plus or Tweet if you've found this helpful...