It’s almost a week from the iOS 9 release. This is a major release from Apple, it has a smaller footprint and it doesn’t require the space that previous versions needed. The hole restructure of the iOS 9 came with lots of cool features and lots of drawbacks.
We’ve tried it for a week or so iOS 9 and this are our conclusions:
Battery life hasn’t improved, it’s the same or even stays less charged.
It’s laggy – we could not find the reason, from the passcode input to unlock to launching apps. iOS 9 definitely delays or hangs on the UI/UX.
Trying to unlock your iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 running iOS 9 with passlock active, 5 of 10 attempts the first key tapped is not even registered.
We’ve tried different setting tweaks but with no luck. Not even newer devices like the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 perform so well with iOS 9. Did the Apple Dev Team do this on purpose!?! To sabotage previous versions of the iPhone to make us buy the newer version…
If you’re weighing the benefits and the drawbacks, you don’t gain very much on previous iPhones because the hardware is still the same. What’s the point of small improvements, because whatever new feature iOS 9 brings you’ll use your iPhone the same; but now with iOS 9 all the experience is laggy.
Looking forward to Apple to fix this problems and make a quick release of iOS 9.1. Drop a like or share below if you wanna see speed improvements on the iOS 9…
Meanwhile for those who want to go back to iOS 8.4.1 follow the steps bellow
How to Downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1
- We’ll start as usual with a full backup in iTunes or iCloud.
- Update iTunes to the latest version
- Download iOS 8.4.1 IPSW
- Turn OFF Touch ID and Passcode from device Settings
- Turn OFF Find My iPhone
- Connect your device to your PC/Mac
- Launch iTunes and select your device from the left
- Now holding down Alt on Mac or Shift on PC – click on the Restore button
- You’ll be prompted to select the previously downloaded IPSW file according to the device in question.
- Relax for a while and when the process is finished continue on the device with the activation wizard.
Thank you for reading until the end of the article!
Fill in this form to see if we can jailbreak your iDevice for you.
Drop a Like, Plus or Tweet if you've found this helpful...