There are many disadvantages to own a non-jailbroken device. We can start with the experience, you can’t tweak you device like you can do with an Android device, you cannot add custom ringtones, change themes or install cracked apps and these are just a few things that you can’t do with your iPhone, iPad or any other iDevice. The first thing to do is to jailbreak your device to remove Apple’s software limitations. Next you will need to download cydia and install it in order to install AppSync.
If you find hard jailbreaking your device here’s a more thorough tutorial. In order to continue we need to set some things straight, this is a jailbreak for iOS 8.1.2 and it’s developed by TaiG team. It supports the following devices iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPod touch 5.
- Turn off Touch ID & Passcode by going to Settings -> General -> Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode Off
- Turn off Find My iPhone by going to Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone
- Backup your device via iTunes or iCloud
- Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 using TaiG tool steps:
- Download TaiG Jailbreak tools v1.2.0 for windows.
- Connect your iPod, iPhone, iPad to your computer using the USB data cable.
- Run TaiG Jailbreak tools v1.2.0
- Make that cydia is checked and 3K Assistant unchecked
- Click on the green Start button
- If your screen starts to flicker don’t get alarmed, also DON’T unplug your iPhone from your PC. You will know that the process finished successfully when you will see the cydia logo on Springboard.
- Right about now you are set to test any cydia tweak, but also cydia apps. But the goal of our tutorial is not just to jailbreak but also how we can get cydia cracked apps using similar platforms to Installous or AppTrackr.
Well it’s simple. To install an AppTrackr alternative we will need to install AppSync. Simply go to Cydia and search for AppSync, right away you will be prompted by lots AppSync versions. You will need to install the right one for your iOS version. I recommend you should try PandaApp, it is a good AppTrackr alternative, you will only need to input in Safary this url pandaapp.com and the rest is intuitive, you don’t need to be rocket scientist to use it.
Thank you for reading until the end of the article!
Fill in this form to see if we can jailbreak your iDevice for you.
Drop a Like, Plus or Tweet if you've found this helpful...