Check if your iPhone can be Jailbroken Here
When iOS 7 was launched last year the jailbreak community had to wait a few months until they got the chance to receive a working jailbreak. But this year when iOS 8 was launched developers of Pangu caught us by surprise by releasing their jailbreak version for iOS 8.1.
There are some downsides to this tool, first is that this tool is made for Windows, so you will need a virtual machine in order to run this on your Mac. The second downside is that Pangu is in Mandarin/Chinese but if you follow these steps from this how to tutorial you will have a jailbroken device in no time. Before we start you should know that Pangu 1.0.1 tool will no install Cydia, it’s not bundled with Pangu. This tool will jailbreak iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus or any other device that runs on iOS 8.x.
Let’s dig in
- We need to disable Find My iPhone, you can do this by going into Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- Now we must disable Passcode Lock, you can achieve this by going to Settings > Passcode.
- Since this tool is a windows jailbreaking tool we will need iTunes for windows. If you haven’t downloaded yet now is the right time to do this. After the installation is complete make sure that your device is recognized by iTunes and PC.
- Right about now we need to download the most important part, Pangu tool.
- To avoid any problems running this app I suggest right clicking on Pangu tool and select Run as administrator and then click Yes.
- After you have opened the jailbreak wait for your device to be recognized. You will see a text in the Pangu window with the name of your device and version.
- Even though it’s in Chinese try finding a check box and uncheck it if it’s checked. This will prevent installation of unwanted packages bundled with the tool.
- Now click the blue button which should be Jailbreak button.
The jailbreak process will not last long and eventually your device will reboot. You will know that your device is jailbroken if you see the Pangu icon in your SpringBoard, but don’t forget this will not install Cydia on your device so for that you will need to manually download and install Cydia.
Drop a Like, Plus or Tweet if you've found this helpful...