Since Installous is no more, most of us wonder what other alternatives to it are out there. Well the answer is simple, in terms of functionality AppCake is the closest as it can get. Some say it’s more like a clone of Installous. And this is not all, you will be pleased to hear that the latest beta of AppCake v4.80 will run on any iOS 9 jailbroken devices. If you want to get AppCake you should know that there are two ways, one is via Cydia and the other way is without Cydia.
What is AppCake?
The most used Cydia cracked AppStore for jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod is definitely AppCake, the greatest Installous alternative available for download. AppCake is developed by the iPhoneCake.com team and is available just for jailbreak users with cydia installed on their iDevices. As Installous, AppCake let’s you find many of the paid apps out there for download free of charge. This is a free repo to allow to install cracked IPA files.
Sharing free cracked apps for iPhone or iPad is now made easier with AppCake using Air Drop Sharing to transfer from one device to another the previously downloaded IPA files. AppCake now let’s you know when an update is available for your downloaded apps.
Because of the big community behind AppCake now anybody can request or submit an app.
Requirements to download and install AppCake:
- a jailbroken iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Cydia installed
- AppSync installed
- Wi-Fi enabled on the device
How to Download and Install AppCake
Follow these three easy steps to download and install AppCake Source/Repo:
- In Cydia go to Manage / Sources / Edit and Add and enter the AppCake repo: //cydia.iphonecake.com
- Search for AppCake in Cydia
- Install the correct version for your iOS device and ENJOY
I personally use AppCake as a reliable source for cracked apps for my iDevice in order to test them. AppCake is very stable and it should work ok but the apps installed trough AppCake are not guaranteed to work or not to harm your device. If you want to have always the latest version of an app installed just buy the app in Apple’s AppStore after testing it.
So if you have jailbroken your iOS 9 device and opted for Cydia install you will need first to add cydia.iphonecake.com repo. You can do this by entering Cydia, then tap Manage, now Sources, then hit Edit and now tap on Add button. Here you will input “cydia.iphonecake.com” and the repo by taping Add Source. Now you can search and install AppCake via Cydia.
Install AppCake without Cydia
If you just want to jailbreak and install AppCake without Cydia follow these easy steps:
- You will need to jailbreak your iOS 9 device. You can do this with Pangu tool which is only for Windows users. So if you are a Mac user you will need to setup a windows running virtual machine. So download Pangu tool and start jailbreaking.
- After jailbreaking you will need to install OpenSSH via Pangu app on your SpringBoard.
- Now you can download and install AppCake by using this link > //cydia.iphonecake.com/AppCake4.80.deb
- Now we need the help of another app, a SFTP client which CyberDuck SFTP Client should do the trick nicely. To connect to our device we need to find its IP address. You can do this by going into Settings > Wi-FI. Now input the address in CyberDuck SFTP Client and install AppCake via CyberDuck
- In CyberDuck click Go > Send Command and input the following command line “dpkg –install AppCake4.80.deb” and then click Send
- Still in CyberDuck click Go > Send Command and type “reboot” and click Send.
If all went well your device should be rebooting and you will find in SpringBoard AppCake. If you are having some issues seeing AppCake don’t get freaked out there is a solution for this too. Using CyberDuck click Go > Send Command and type “su -c uicache mobile” right about now you will be prompted by an error, just ignore it, then reboot.
Drop a Like, Plus or Tweet if you've found this helpful...